Single mother, 21, killed herself while playing Ed Sheeran song Small Bump after being haunted by her decision to have an abortion

A young mother was left so haunted by her decision to abort an unborn child that she hanged herself while listening to an Ed Sheeran song about the heartbreak of miscarriage.

Jade Rees, 21, had a termination when her five month relationship with the baby's father broke down and he began dating another woman.
But the mother-of-one's decision left her 'upset and distressed' - and three weeks later she took her own life. 
Miss Rees left handwritten notes addressed to her parents and two-year-old son, explaining the struggle she had faced since the devastating procedure, in which she stressed that her little boy 'means everything to me'.
She died while listening to the Ed Sheeran song Small Bump - a first person account of a miscarried child, written from the point of view of one of the songwriter's closest friends.

An inquest into her death revealed Miss Rees, from Oldham, Greater Manchester, had a history of eating disorders and had battled depression since she was just 14.
She had been prescribed antidepressants after being diagnosed with anorexia but was taken off the tablets when she fell pregnant with her son in 2013.
Although she split from the boy's father when she was just four months pregnant, the then teenager coped 'exceptionally well' as a doting single mother.
She met her most recent boyfriend in early 2015 but they split after she became pregnant with his child. Her pregnancy was terminated in October. It is not known how far gone she was at the time of the procedure.
The Heywood hearing was told Miss Rees' mental state worsened when she visited a pub she used to frequent with her ex-partner - only to discover he had asked the landlord to bar her.
She then overdosed on prescription and over the counter pills twice in 48 hours. On the second occasion her father had to rush her to Royal Oldham Hospital's A&E department, where she stayed for two days before being declared medically fit for discharge.
Doctors did however refer her to psychiatric services for a full and thorough assessment. 

Days later - on what transpired to be the evening before her death on November 3 - Miss Rees informed her parents she was attending a bonfire.
When she returned home at around midnight, she seemed 'very upset' and proceeded to discuss her ex-partner - though her parents were not concerned about her mental state at this time.
Her mother Anne discovered her body at 10.30am the following morning. 
Quite pathetic, may she rest on.

Source: daily mail

No comments