Student disappears after withdrawing money from ATM

A final year student of the Technical College, Ikorodu, Lagos State, Iseoluwa Omomowo, has disappeared while running an errand for his stepbrother’s wife in the Ebute-Meta area of Lagos State. PUNCH Metro learnt that the 28-year-old Ilaje, Ondo State indigene, had gone to withdraw N8,000 from a First Bank of Nigeria Automated Teller Machine on Saturday, but he did not return home.

It was gathered that by Monday, his cell phone had been switched off. Punch gathered that efforts by the family to locate his whereabouts had been abortive. His stepbrother, Dr Omoteyinshe Oluwole, explained that the victim was the family’s last child, adding that he had been living with him for about five years.

Oluwole, a medical doctor, said he was in Sagamu, Ogun State, when Omomowo went missing. He said, “He started living with me in 2011. He is a final year student of Electrical Department of the Technical College, Ikorodu. “On that Saturday, I sent some money to my wife’s bank account. My wife asked him to withdraw N8,000 from the ATM.  After withdrawing the money, he was supposed to go to the Lagos Island to get a pair of trousers from my tailor. “At exactly 12.28pm, she received an alert on her phone that the money had been withdrawn from the account. “Around 4pm, my wife called me that she had yet to see my brother and she was going to the market and needed somebody to stay with our child. I called him on the telephone, but he didn’t pick his calls.”

Oluwole said when he called the tailor, he was told that his brother had yet to arrive. “Around 6pm again, I called the tailor again, and he said he had not seen my brother. We called his cell phone repeatedly, but nobody picked the calls. “At 9pm when he didn’t return home, we thought he had gone to watch football at a viewing centre. The police said we could not report until after 24 hours,” he added. A family friend and lawyer, Ige Asemudara, said the family had gone to different police stations, as well as prayer houses.

He said, “In one of the places we went to, we were told that he was abducted by some people and they would still release him.” The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said, “The case was reported to us on Sunday. We are investigating the matter.”

1 comment: