5 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Dark Elbows & Knees

Dark elbows and Knees can be quite embarrassing, especially when you are bent on rocking that short-sleeved top or short dress. There's a constant tug at your heart on the unappealing look. Not to be disturbed by this as it is very common and normal for anyone to have them. It can happen to any skin type from oily skin to dry skin. It should also be noted that this can prove very stubborn to be rid of, but not to worry as there are easy natural ways to lighten up your dark elbows and knees.

There is always the misconception that dark knees or elbows are caused by bleaching creams and whiteners, in as much as 20% of the claim is true, the other 80% is caused by hyperpigmentation of the melanin. Therefore, one should look out for natural unabrasive methods to use to get rid of them.

Natural ways to lighten up your dark elbows and knees are...


 Lemon is known for having natural lightening properties. This is the reason why most cosmetic companies use Lemon for cream production. Get lemon and squeeze out the juice in a bowl. Use cotton wool to apply on the affected area. There is no need to rinse out. Repeat this every day until the desired result is achieved.


Get Baking soda and mix it up with yogurt or milk. Apply to the affected area. Leave it for about 10 minutes and rinse off. Do this every day for 2 months.


Tumeric and lemon juice can be mixed together and applied to dark areas on the body to lighten them up. Lemon juice is very powerful, combining with Tumeric will yield maximum results within a very short period of time.


These three lightening agents can be combined together and be applied to the affected areas. The Olive oil is to reduce the abrasiveness of the sugar, in other not to cause injury on very soft skin. The sugar will help to rub off all first embedded on the elbow or knees while the olive oil keeps it moisturized. Honey is also good for lightening the skin.


Aloe Vera Gel drawn directly from afresh aloe vera plant can be used to lighten up the elbow or knee.  This can be found in grocery stores and supermarkets. Cut off the green part of the plant to reveal the gel. Apply directly to knees and elbows, leave for 10-15 minutes, and wash off with plain water. Repeat for weeks for best results.

No comments